The perfect shoe!
- Each pair is one-of-a-kind!
- Upper made from hand-sourced Kilim Carpet (learn more below).
- Leather sole with 3/4 inch heel.
- Handmade in Istanbul in a small, family-owned workshop.
- Runs true to size.
- If you would like a picture of the pair you will be receiving, make a note of this at checkout. We will then contact you with images of your pair prior to shipping.
Kilims are a style of textile traditionally crafted on Turkey's Anatolian peninsula, primarily woven from wool on a cotton ground. Kilims are flat-woven, featuring a thin, tight weave that make them a perfect textile for crafting shoes. Every symbol, color, and pattern woven into the Kilim has meaning and represents a hope, a dream, or a story from the life of the weaver.
Each of our Kilim pieces is handmade from vintage, one-of-a-kind Turkish carpets, which means that no two will ever be alike.